2008 maybe the Chinese Year of the Rat, but for the McKinney's it is the Year of Destruction, oops, I mean Construction.We had many projects in our house that we planned to complete in our first few years living here. But, we got involved in a few side projects. The first was in 2002, Project Donovan and our most recent was in 2005, Project Allison. Since these took most of our free time, not to mention sleep and sanity, we put our home projects on hold. We have agreed to take a slight break for any further side projects to finally complete our original house projects.
I painted and gave Donovan's room a new look. He wanted a "Sports" room. You may remember me mentioning it in a previous post "Smurfette". Well, I finished that and even got a thumbs up and "Way Cool".
We also (Matt deserves all the credit actually) put in new windows in the living room, our bedroom, breezeway and parlor. We have to finish the trim and one more project is off the list.
Oh, did I mention also on the list is siding, new front doors, new front windows, new kitchen flooring, and new front porch and roof.
Currently the front porch/roof project is underway. Stay tuned to more updates!
2 comments:
Wow! Nice work on the porch. That plus the new front door will really give the house a whole new look.
Looks Great! Show us some pics of the inside. I would love to see!!! Especially the kids room!
Post a Comment